TERMS & CONDITIONS
This website evolveskateboardsuk.co.uk is owned and operated by:
Evolve Skateboards UK Lld.
Company No. 10763329
If you need to contact us please use the details above.
Congratulations on your purchase! Evolve Skateboards are an exciting product and will provide you endless fun, please read ALL the information below before you begin using your board.
Please read the following before riding your board:
- Always wear a helmet and other safety equipment when riding the board.
- Your board can lose brakes and power during your ride at any time due to low battery on the skateboard/remote or fault. For this reason, it's best to ride your board at speeds you are comfortable without power or brakes.
- Always obey and check the local road rules in your area for where you can ride. Do not ride on busy roads with line markings.
- The fastest speed modes are very powerful and the trigger is highly sensitive, be sure to very gentle with the trigger control to avoid being thrown off the board. Start by trying to move as slowly as possible within these speed modes when both using the brakes and acceleration.
- Do not ride the board if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Do not ride the board in wet conditions. The board may slide from under your feet causing injury.
- Always respect pedestrians!
- Always maintain your board, this is the owner’s responsibility. Always check that all screws/nuts throughout the skateboard are tight regularly. Always clean your bearings for best roll and quietest/smoothest ride (including the bearing in the drive gear). Bearings get dirty and affect ride quality and may reduce battery performance, causing possible bearing failure.
- Avoid water - The board is not waterproof. The electronics, bearings and other components may be damaged due to water and water damage is not covered by warranty. Riding in wet conditions is also very dangerous and may cause injury.
- Abuse - Do not jump on the board, do not ride off gutters or curbs, do not smash the board into hard objects, do not drop the board on the ground for starting operation. Although the product has been made to handle rigorous riding, it is still an electrical product and needs to be handled with care and respect. Our warranty does not cover any of the above.
- Whenever you ride the Evolve board, you risk serious injury or even death from loss of control, collisions, and falls. To ride safely, you must read ALL instructions and safety messages and warnings in this manual.
- Riding on Hills - Riding on hills can be very dangerous, what goes up must come down! So if you ride up an insanely steep hill and you intend to ride down this same hill, this is extremely dangerous and you must know how to control your speed without the use of the electric brakes if ever there was a malfunction or there was a situation where the brakes fail.
MAKING A CONTRACT WITH US
- When you place an order with us, you are making an offer to buy goods. We will send you confirmation e-mail when we have received payment for your order.
- Once we have dispatched your order we will e-mail you again to confirm that your order has been sent.
- In the unlikely event that the goods are no longer available, or that we have made a pricing mistake, we will advise you of this. You will not receive an e-mail confirming acceptance of your order, and there will be no contract between us.
- Images of products on this website are for illustrative purposes only. Your goods may vary slightly from the image shown on the website. Whilst goods may be shown assembled they may require assembly by you.
- We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on this website. However, we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the actual goods.
- Whilst we try to be as accurate as possible, all information provided is approximate and is provided in good faith.
- This contract is covered by English law.
HOW TO PLACE ORDER
- You can use our website to place an order by selecting the product you wish to buy and adding it to your basket. Items you do not require can be removed from your basket at any time.
- Shipping charges will be shown prior to you confirming your order.
- You will be required to pay for the goods in full at the time of ordering.
- Promotional prices only apply during the period stated.
- All prices quoted on our website are in British pounds.
- Once your order has been confirmed, changes may not be possible or may incur additional charges or delays.
DELIVERY & CARRIAGE CHARGES
- Goods will normally be dispatched from our warehouse within 1 week of your order (except for preorders) and any estimated delivery date is a an estimate, which can change without notice.
- Goods will normally arrive within 1 week of the dispatch date.
- Your order may arrive in more than one delivery.
- We will deliver the goods to the premises you specify on your order.
- You may be charged import duty on your order if outside of the UK – this is out of Evolve UK’ control.
- Evolve UK cannot be made responsible for the laws of the destination country.
- If your package is returned to Evolve UK due to an incorrect delivery address or if you are not at home at the time of attempted delivery, Evolve UK reserve the right to charge you an additional re-delivery charge.
- Please check the goods on delivery – any goods found to be missing or damaged should be notified to the delivery driver at the time of delivery or ourselves within 48 hours.
- Sometimes, for reasons beyond our control we may be prevented from delivering your goods as planned. These might include things such as accidents, breakdowns, fire, flood, storm, severe weather, acts of god, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage or the default of our suppliers. We will try to put things right as soon as possible however we can’t be responsible where this causes a delay or failure in delivering your goods.
FAULTY GOODS / GUARANTEE
7 DAY 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
We are so certain you’ll love your Evolve electric skateboard, that we offer a 7-Day Money Back Guarantee! If for some reason you are not satisfied, just return your Evolve electric skateboard within 7 days of receiving it and we’ll refund 100% of your purchase price (less shipping costs). Just contact us for a return authorization number before shipping your board back. Only Evolve electric skateboards that have been purchased through our online store, used on smooth, clean surfaces and are still in as-new condition can be returned. If the board differs at all to the board that was sent, shows any signs of misuse or is returned without an authorization number it will be returned to the owner at the owner’s expense.
PLEASE NOTE: If you purchased our board through a retailer, and not directly through Evolve Skateboards UK, you will need to consult the place of purchase for their return policy. We can not authorise refunds on behalf of our retailers.
PACKAGING A RETURN When returning merchandise, all items should include all factory packaging and accessories in its original carton intact. All merchandise must be shipped via a professional freight agent and the package MUST have the board owners details on it. The freight must be paid by the board owner.
- If there is a problem with the goods, please notify us by email or in writing providing details of the problem. We will deal with the matter in accordance with your legal rights.
- The Evolve UK warranty is provided in addition to the rights that the law says you have as a consumer and accordingly, your statutory rights are not affected.
- If an exchange is necessary, this will be arranged without unreasonable delay and without charge. Replacement goods will not be dispatched until the original goods have been received at our warehouse and checked.
- The cost of returning goods to us is your responsibility, however on inspection we will refund your reasonable postage costs, providing that the goods are found to be faulty. If the goods are not faulty, we will return them to you, however you will be required to cover our reasonable postage costs.
- If an item is no longer available we reserve the right to send a similar product as an alternative.
- Only Evolve electric skateboards that have been purchased through our online store, used on smooth, clean surfaces and are still in as-new condition can be returned. If the board differs at all to the board that was sent, shows any signs of misuse it will be returned to the owner at the owner’s expense.
- Boards returned under our guarantee may be subject to restocking fees if the board has been ridden and is no longer in "new" condition. Restocking fees vary depending on which parts have been worn. For a complete list of parts and related re-stock fees contact customer service. Restocking fees are applied to your refund. Only boards that have not been used can be returned for full credit. Please note; this offer only applies to skateboards purchased through our website. Customer is responsible for return shipping charges.
- The products sold on this website have been designed to comply with all relevant UK and EU legislation. We cannot warrant or represent that they comply with any legal requirement outside of those territories.
- We do not accept liability for accidents or damage due to the use or misuse of our products.
EVOLVE UK SAFETY DISCLAIMER
The best safety equipment and the most experienced athlete cannot completely eliminate the risks certain sporting and outdoor activities pose. Certain sporting and outdoor activities are inherently dangerous. By purchasing and using the equipment sold by Evolve Skateboards UK the purchaser understands and voluntarily undertakes the risks involved with sporting and outdoor activities, including but are not limited to: electric skateboarding and skateboarding. Such risks and dangers include, but are not limited to: sprains, broken bones, bruises, cuts, temporary or permanent paralysis and even death. Other risks include: unforeseen weather conditions, hazardous and unknown terrain, geographical conditions, failure to properly maintain equipment, failure to obey traffic instructions or local laws and engaging in sporting and outdoor activities while physically exhausted or disabled. This electric skateboard is a high-performance machine and should not be used or operated in any way by children under the age of 14 years old. YOU MUST WEAR APPROPRIATE SAFETY EQUIPMENT (ESPECIALLY A HELMET) WHENEVER RIDING AN ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD.
It is important to use merchandise sold by Evolve Skateboards in accordance with the manufacturer’s design and recommendations to minimise these risks. However, accidents and unforeseen hazards do exist and the purchaser and users of the merchandise sold by Evolve UK agree as follows:
I, the purchaser or user of the merchandise, agree to release Evolve Skateboards, its owners, agents and employees, from any and all liability for damage, injury, paralysis and death to myself, any other person, or property, resulting from the use or misuse of the merchandise sold by Evolve UK.
I, the parent of a minor child, agree to release Evolve Skateboards, its owners, agents and employees, from any and all liability for damage, injury, paralysis and death to my child, any other person, or property, resulting from the use or misuse of the merchandise sold by Evolve UK.
It is agreed that any and all liability of Evolve UK, its owners, agents and employees shall be limited to the purchase price of the merchandise.
You are also responsible for abiding by the laws in the place you use your Evolve electric skateboard. Most countries do not allow them on public roads, many do not allow them on public footpaths and it is up to you to find out where you can and cannot ride your board. Evolve UK cannot be held responsible for speeding fines, parking tickets, insurance claims etc. due to your misjudgment.
In the unlikely event of a defect, Evolve Skateboards warrants to the original user that our Evolve electric skateboard shall be free from all defects in material and workmanship for 12 MONTHS from the date of purchase. This warrantee does not apply to any electric skateboard that has been subject to abuse, misuse, negligence, or accident (ie riding in wet conditions, dropping the board, smashing the board into objects etc). Defects caused by tampering or unauthorized alterations or repairs are not covered by this warranty. Perishable items are not subject to warranty due to their deterioration through standard use, these items are - bearings, belts, tubes, tyres, bushings, grip tape and wheels. If the board is still under warranty and for some reason something breaks or simply stops working, we will repair or replace the part in question. Parts required for warranty will be shipped to customers worldwide at no cost to the customer. Warranty return shipping is the responsibility of the customer, however, Evolve will repair or replace and return free of charge as soon as possible.
EVOLVE UK WEBSITE DISCLAIMER
All users of this site agree that access to and use of this site are subject to the following terms and conditions and other applicable law. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use this website.
The Evolve Skateboard is a unique design that is protected by design and patent registration. The entire content included in this site, including but not limited to text, graphics or product is copyrighted as a collective work under the Australian and other copyright laws, and is the property of Evolve Skateboards. Permission is granted to electronically copy and print hard copy portions of this site for the sole purpose of placing an order with Evolve Skateboards or purchasing Evolve Skateboards products. Any other use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of the content of this site is strictly prohibited, unless authorized by Evolve Skateboards. You further agree not to change or delete any proprietary notices from materials downloaded from the site.
In the event that an Evolve Skateboards product is mistakenly listed at an incorrect price, Evolve Skateboards reserves the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. Evolve Skateboards reserves the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, Evolve Skateboards shall issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the incorrect price.
PRODUCT AND PRICING INFORMATION
Although Evolve Skateboards has made every effort to display the products and their colors as accurately as possible, the displayed colors of the products will depend upon the monitor of the user and Evolve Skateboards cannot guarantee that the user's monitor will accurately portray the actual colors of the products. Products displayed may be out-of-stock or discontinued, and prices are subject to change. Purchases may be subject to applicable taxes (duties, VAT etc) in the purchaser’s shipping destination. These are to be paid by the purchaser and are not included in the shipping cost applied at Evolve Skateboards’ online checkout.
The contract of sale shall be construed in accordance with the UK law.
Evolve Skateboards is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Evolve Skateboards may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from March 19, 2012
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode,
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Dispatching orders.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Evolve Skateboards, PO Box 112, Broadbeach, 4218, Queensland, Australia
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
For questions related to media, social media or sponsorship enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.